Posted on August 20, 2013 AT 10:47am
EGM Media is looking for a full-time community manager to work out of our offices in Agoura Hills, CA. Are you passionate about interacting with all walks of video gaming fans? Are you eager to help a respected, long-running gaming media outlet take full advantage of today’s social media platforms for the promotion of its properties?
- Understand and execute social media strategies specific to EGM Media’s various brands (EGMNOW.com, Electronic Gaming Monthly, Walmart GameCenter)
- Day-to-day management and promotion of editorial content on social media platforms, including tweets, posts and discussions
- Proactively interacting with online communities across all platforms
- Contribute editorial content across EGM Media’s various platforms (EGMNOW.com, Electronic Gaming Monthly, Walmart GameCenter)
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and collaborate with other editors on the best ways to promote EGM Media’s brands
- Interact with EGM Media’s readership with a positive and patient attitude
- Experience in community management
- Experience in or working knowledge of message forum management
- 1 to 2 years in gaming-related editorial
- A wide range of gaming interests; impeccable knowledge of gaming history and the wide array of publishers and developers
- A talented writer who responds well to feedback and doesn’t take edits personally
Thorough knowledge of the game industry
- Ability to work out of EGM’s Agoura Hills, CA offices. Candidates outside of the Los Angeles area will be considered but must be willing to relocate.
- A degree in journalism or communications
- Industry connections
- Experience with video editing/production
- Experience with podcast/audio editing/production
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and at least three unedited, published or unpublished work samples to email@example.com.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.