Posted on December 6, 2013 AT 05:07am
Eidos Montreal has revealed that the UI and difficulty level in its upcoming Thief reboot will be completely customizable, allowing everything from a full cluttered UI to none at all.
While playing the game players will be able to select which parts of the UI they want to display, with options for navigation prompts, threat indicators, mini-map, journal updates, health, ammo, and more. You can take a look at the full list here.
Below you will find examples of a cluttered and minimum UI for both Alarm status and Loot.
If a fully customizable UI wasn’t enough for you, Eidos is also offering players options for customizing the game’s difficulty level, through the use of “mods.” Each of these mods can be toggled on or off and alter the base difficulty levels of easy, medium, and hard.
Classic Thief Mods
- Chapter Save Only: manual saves and checkpoint auto-saves are disabled.
- No Focus: the use of Focus is completely disabled and no Focus Points are earned.
- Stealth Takedowns Only: you cannot perform combat Takedowns and Takedowns from above.
- No Reticle: no aiming reticle is displayed when drawing the bow.
Legendary Thief Mods
- Specialty Arrows Only: only Blunt, Water, Fire and Rope Arrows are available.
- No Resources: food (health) and poppy flowers (Focus) are not consumable.
- It Hurts Not: if you take any damage, the mission is failed.
- Expensive Tools: the cost of arrows, tools, food and poppies is greatly increased.
- Slowed Movement: running and walking speeds are reduced.
Ultimate Thief Mods
- Iron Man: if you die or fail a mission, you lose your game and must restart from the beginning.
- No Upgrades: non-critical upgrades are disabled.
- No Kills or Knockouts: if a human or animal is killed or stunned, the mission is failed.
- No Alerts: if a human or animal detects you, the mission is failed.
Thief is set to release February 25, 2014 for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PC.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.