Bethesda is refusing to abandon Fallout 76, releasing a roadmap for the game’s next content season, as well as one teasing what’s coming in the rest of 2019.
Fallout 76‘s spring content season is titled Wild Appalachia, with updates starting on March 12th. An accompanying infographic details all that players can expect from the season, including two new story quests, the new Survival PvP mode, player vending, and more. The season’s updates will run from March 12th until May 7th.
The dates of each update can be checked out in the infographic below, followed by the full content list.
- New Quests: Shear Terror! – Uncover the ‘encryptid’ secrets of Appalachia in a new series of quests and encounters to separate monsters from myths.
- New Quests: Ever Upwards – Journey to the deepest reaches of the woods with new stories for the legendary Pioneer Scouts. Earn merit badges, climb the ranks, and earn a customizable backpack for increased utility.
- New Features: Legendary Vendor and Scrapping – Locate the mysterious Purveyor to exchange and scrap your unwanted legendary items for new legendary gear. For every star rating on a legendary item you scrap, increase your chances to get the legendary weapon or armor of your dreams.
- New Features: C.A.M.P. Decorating, Player Vending, Functional Camera – Use items from your stash to decorate your C.A.M.P. Build vending machines and flag items for sale. Simply set your prices and walk away to continue your adventures in Appalachia, being sure to capture all your favorite memories using the new functional camera. The vending machines do all the work, you just need to count the caps.
- New Features: Brewing and Distilling – Go on a new quest to discover the secrets of the forbidden brew Nukashine and bring the party back to your C.A.M.P with new brewing and distilling systems and recipes.
- New Seasonal Event: Fasnacht Parade – Chase away Old Man Winter and quicken the coming of spring with the ancient festival of Fasnacht! Join the celebration and complete this new limited-time event to earn unique rewards in the form of festive Fasnacht Masks.
- New Game Mode: Survival – This all-new game mode brings a higher-stakes PvP experience with fewer restrictions, increased rewards, and new challenges plus all the original content of Adventure Mode.
As the year speeds on, Fallout 76 players can look forward to two additional content seasons before the end of 2019. These are titled Nuclear Winter—coming, ironically, in the summer—and Wastelanders, which will launch later this fall.
Details on these two seasons are much slimmer, being further out than Wild Appalachia, but the game’s 2019 roadmap does offer some hints. The Nuclear Winter season will introduce the new Nuclear Winter game mode, two new Vault raids, and a new player prestige system, while Wastelanders will bring us a new main quest, new events, and other vague “features.” (Could one of these be the long-awaited addition of open-world NPCs? Our editor seems to think so, but most of us aren’t convinced.)
In other Fallout 76 news, a recent update once again increased player stash limits, among many other quality-of-life fixes.
Source: Bethesda- Fallout