A new update is now available for FIFA 18 that addresses a number of issues with the World Cup mode and World Cup Ultimate Team.
Following the update, changes made to the team sheets in the FIFA World Cup Online Tournament will now save and persist between boot sessions. As well as this, the cup window has been removed from the World Cup Online Tournament, meaning that it will no longer reset each week.
A number of bugs have also been fixed in this update, including game crashes in World Cup, player heads changing size, visual corruption in World Cup Ultimate team, and more. Read the full patch notes below:
Made the following changes in Language Selection:
- Players will no longer be able to select a language when launching the game. The language used will be the language currently selected in Origin.
- Players can change this language within the Origin client.
Made the following changes in FIFA World Cup™:
- Changes made to the team sheets in the FIFA World Cup™ Online Tournament will now save and persist between boot sessions.
- Changes will be saved to a file called WC Online Squad Customisations.
Removed the Cup window in the FIFA World Cup™ Online Tournament.
This means that the FIFA World Cup™ Online Tournament will no longer reset each week.
Addressed the following issues in FIFA World Cup™:
- The Customize Controls and Game Settings tiles now work correctly with the settings defined in the Accessibility Settings screen.
- Rarely the game would crash when attempting to rapidly progress through the FIFA World Cup™ Online Friendlies match flow.
Addressed the following issues in FIFA World Cup™ Ultimate Team:
- A crash during the FIFA World Cup™ Ultimate Team club creation flow for some players.
- This crash would occur if the player selected a language when launching the game that did not match the
default language selected in Origin.
- Toggling between the two teams on the Player Ratings screen in the Pause Menu would sometimes cause the player heads to change size.
- Accepting a game invite to another mode within FIFA, while in the FIFA World Cup™ Ultimate Team menus, was causing some visual corruption until the game was shut down and restarted.
- Players sometimes getting an error message following the completion of the group stage of the FIFA World Cup™ Ultimate Team Online Tournament.
- The Swap With Duplicate option was not properly displaying on a Player Item in Duplicate Storage if you had just sent another version of that Player Item to your Club.
- Players getting an error message when attempting to send a duplicate Player Item to their Duplicate Storage after they have swapped that Item with an item in their Active Squad.
- The latency bars were not properly displaying the latency to the server in the FIFA World Cup™ Ultimate Team Online Tournament mode.
Addressed the following issues in FIFA Ultimate Team:
- Rarely the game would crash after entering and exiting FIFA Ultimate Team numerous times.
Addressed the following issues in Career Mode:
- A crash when searching for a player that you had previously scouted on a different team if that player had been fully scouted by your 6th hired scout.
Addressed the following issues in Gameplay:
- Rarely the game would crash if you suspended and resumed the game while in the Instant Replay screens.
FIFA 18 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC.