EA has outlined the changes that are being made to FIFA 18 with the release of the game’s first major title update.
According to the patch notes, following the update, goalkeeper reactions and reaction times will be improved, shot accuracy will be reduced in certain situations, and the difficulty of Amateur and Semi-Pro will be tuned down.
Other changes include new functionality for the Champions Channel in Ultimate Team, new icons in cinematic scenes that indicate the user-triggered actions in The Journey, and the option to delegate contract renewals in Career Mode.
Take a look at the full patch notes below:
FIFA Ultimate Team
- New functionality to Champions Channel including missed shots and hidden timeline.
FIFA Ultimate Team Bugs
- An issue with the extra time display on the Champions Channel timeline.
- An issue with locked EASFC catalogue kits on opponent teams in Squad Battles.
- An issue where the crowd would have incorrect flags when the home team is wearing a certain kit.
- An issue where a player could crash when watching a FUT Champions Channel match.
- An issue where players could control the goalkeeper in FUT Single Player modes.
- Changed Matches Remaining to Attempts Remaining in FUT Champions Daily Knockout Tournament.
- Changed the Possible Points text in Squad Battles to Projected Match Points.
- Updated loan player portraits in the EASFC Catalogue.
- Visual improvements to some FUT item types.
- Tuned goalkeeper reactions in certain situations.
- Tuned down the difficulty for Amateur and Semi-Pro difficulties.
- Reduced shot accuracy and slightly increased goalkeeper reaction times in certain in-game situations.
The Journey Hunter Returns
- Icons in cinematic scenes to indicate the user-triggered action.
- Triggered actions are: Personality, FIFA 17 Result, Match Result, Key Decision, Player Performance, Team Performance, Partnership Rating
The Journey Hunter Returns Bugs
- An issue where the player could crash during a cinematic in Chapter 5.
- Added option to delegate contract renewals.
- Allow users to renegotiate contract with a player whose release clause has been paid.
Career Mode Bugs
- An issue where users could use a loaned player as part of a transfer deal.
- An issue where Breaking News weren’t getting refreshed.
- An issue in Pro Clubs where a player could return to an invisible lobby after a match.
- Enabled the opponent indicators in online matches.
- Improvements were made to the kit clashing logic.
- Adding this season’s authentic Bundesliga broadcast package.
- Addressed multiple minor audio issues.
- Improvements to the goal net animations.
The update is available now on PC and will be coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 soon.