Sony and Square Enix have announced that Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will be making the jump to PlayStation 4 on April 14.
Pre-orders will begin for the PlayStation 4 game from today, and those that take advantage will receive a Mog Cap and Cait Sith Doll minion, as well as the chance to access the game a few days early on April 11. Players who purchase the Collector’s Edition will get two exclusive items: the Fat Chocobo Mount and a Wind-up Moogle minion. If you own the version 1.0 or PC/PS3 version 2.0 Collector’s Edition you will also receive these bonus items on April 14.
The regular edition of the game costs $39.99, whereas the Collector’s Edition will set you back $79.99 and includes the following items:
- Special box featuring artwork by Yoshitaka Amano
- Art Book – The Art of Eorzea: A Realm Reimagined
- Special Soundtrack -The Sounds of Eorzea-
- Seventh Umbral Era Special Movie Content Disc – The Waning of the Sixth Sun
- Art Card Set
- Themed Security Token
- In-Game Items – Coeurl Mount, Behemoth Barding, Baby Behemoth minion, Helm of Light, Fat Chocobo Mount and Wind-up Moogle minion
Players can take part in a beta for the PlayStation 4 versions starting February 22. Owners of the PlayStation 3 version of A Realm Reborn will be able to upgrade to the PlayStation 4 version for free, but will forfeit their rights to play the PlayStation 3 version.