Square Enix has announced that Under the Moonlight, the next major update for Final Fantasy XIV, will go live on May 22nd, 2018.
The update introduces new main scenario quests, new side quests, a new 24-player alliance raid set in Final Fantasy Tactic‘s Ivalice, a new dungeon, and a new series of Beast Tribe Quests with the Namazu.
As well as all this, players can look forward to a new 100-floor Deep Dungeon, a new Ultimate Difficulty Raid against Ultima Weapon, a new area for Eureka, cross-world Linkshells, and more. A full rundown of everything coming in this update can be found below:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The Stormblood storyline continues in the far-eastern land of Doma.
- New Sidequests
- New 24-man Alliance Raid – The second chapter of the popular Return to Ivalice series takes players to the Ridorana Lighthouse.
- New Trial and Dungeon
- New Beast Tribe Quests: The Namazu – A new series focused on quests for the Disciples of the Hand and Land.
- New Ultimate Difficulty Raid (Patch 4.31) – Players seeking the greatest challenges may test their skills against this new incarnation of Ultima Weapon.
- New Deep Dungeon : Heaven-on-High (Patch 4.35) – Explore the 100-floor tower within the Ruby Sea.
- The Next Installment of The Forbidden Land, Eureka – The Pagos Expedition (Patch 4.36)
- Cross-world Linkshells – A new linkshell chat system will allow players to communicate across servers within their data center with ease.
- Updates to jobs, PvP, glamour system, housing, performance actions, new powerful gear and more.
Final Fantasy XIV is available now on PlayStation 4 and PC.