Noctis and the gang are finally ready to make the jump to PC in Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition.
“With the help of Nvidia, we are creating a stunning visual experience in Final fantasy XV Windows Edition, one worthy of this beloved franchise,” Hajime Tabata, director of Final Fantasy XV, said. “Nvidia pushes the pace of innovation in our industry, and that benefits gamers and developers alike.”
The PC version of the game will feature 4K textures, support for HDR, and the following Nvidia GameWorks technologies:
- NVIDIA Flow – creates vivid, combustible fluid, fire and smoke.
- NVIDIA HairWorks – creates dynamic, life-like hair and fur for characters, animals and monsters that inhabit the game.
- NVIDIA ShadowWorks – enables characters to cast shadows on themselves.
- NVIDIA Turf Effects – creates life-like grass and vegetation in the game environment.
- NVIDIA VXAO – adds depth and realism based on the physics principles shadows and light.
As well as these new features, PC owners will also get all of the content released on consoles via free updates and the season pass, plus a new first-person camera mode.
Final Fantasy XV: Windows Edition launches in early 2018.