THE BUZZ: EA Sports has released the first patch for FIFA 12 on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The patch mainly fixes what many fans considered an exploit which allowed a player to control the keeper in an online match leaving the computer to handle defenders.
The pach includes the following fixes:
- Goalkeeper control in online matches: We asked for your feedback and we got lots of it. After reviewing that and our own telemetry, we decided that enough people were abusing this feature online to negatively affect the experience of the majority. So we have decided to remove the ability to press Back/Select and play as the goalkeeper, allowing the CPU to defend, in all online matches. The function remains available in offline matches.
- Fixed a situation that would see the user in an empty FUT Store without button functionality.
- Fixed a FUT crash when using custom tactics.
- Fixed a hard lock that would occur when applying a Manager Contract after purchasing a Bronze Premium Pack in FUT.
- Fixed a situation that would see some users being disconnected from FUT after five seconds of connectivity.
- Optimized the FUT server to speed up transactions.
- Fixed a situation where the game would hang when downloading a Game Face.
- Fixed a situation that would allow an online team to be controlled by other player.
EGM’s TAKE: EA obviously listens to fans and has fixed the major complaint that they had. Hopefully this trend will continue.
What else would you like to see patched? Leave a comment below.