Epic Games has made more changes to building and SMGs in Fortnite Battle Royale in response to player feedback.
“We’ve seen various discussions about SMGs, building material changes, and general weapon vs structure interaction,” the developer wrote. “We agree that weapons should have a unique purpose and that building should feel great as well as show off your tactical skills in the heat of battle.
“Your feedback in combination with internal testing has shown that previous changes in these areas were not achieving the goals we had set out for. The new changes are aimed at allowing for strengths and weaknesses between the SMGs, shotguns and structures during close range combat.”
The changes that have been pushed live by the developer increase the initial health of wood, stone, and metal walls, and reduce the damage and magazine size of the compact SMG.
Alongside the above changes, the drum gun has been given a nerf by increasing its damage falloff, decreasing its jumping accuracy, decreasing its targeting accuracy, and reducing its spawn rate. Take a look at all the changes below:
- Wood wall initial HP increased from 80 to 90
- Stone wall initial HP increased from 80 to 100
- Metal wall initial HP increased from 80 to 110
- Reduced damage from 22/21 to 21/20
- Reduced magazine size from 50 to 40
- Reduced falloff range damage from 80% to 70% at 3500 units
- Reduced falloff range damage from 65% to 55% at 5000+ units
- Added environmental damage fall off matching player damage fall off
- Decreased jumping accuracy by 5%
- Decreased targeting accuracy by 10%
- Reduced spawn rate from chests and floor loot by 40%
Fortnite Battle Royale is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Nintendo Switch, and iOS.