Epic Games has released a new content update for Fortnite that adds new items to both Battle Royale and Save the World.
In Battle Royale the guided missile is making its return to the game. A few changes have been made to the weapon since it was removed earlier this year, including a decreased fuse duration, decreased movement speed, decreased damage, and decreased speed. The guided missle can be found in both epic and legendary variants.
As well as this, a new limited-time mode will be made available shortly called Fly Explosives. This new mode combines the High Explosives LTM with the vaulted Jetpack item. Get the details below:
- Only Explosive Weapons can be found in this mode.
- Floor Loot spawners will occasionally spawn Jetpacks.
- Fly Explosives Jetpacks have increased fuel regen rate & decreased burn rate compared to Default Jetpacks, to keep pilots in the sky a bit longer.
- Between-storm wait times have been reduced due to players needing less time to find adequate loot (avg. match length should be lower than 20m).
- Rocket Ammunition capped at 120.
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are tracked in this mode.
Finally, Save the World players are getting the new Spyglass Sniper Rifle. This new weapon will be available in the weekly store at reset and is described as “an accurate, high-powered, scoped sniper rifle with a single round per magazine that kicks like a mule.”
Fortnite is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Nintendo Switch, and iOS.