XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Posted on January 8, 2013 AT 05:53am
Firaxis has recovered 16 post-game options that it scrapped during the development of XCOM: Enemy Unknown and packaged them into a new DLC, which it is giving away for free.
Most of the options are unlocked by completing the game once, but four of them will remain locked until you complete it on impossible difficulty. The new options are:
- Damage Roulette: Weapons have a wider range of damage.*
- New Economy: Randomized council member funding.*
- Not Created Equally: Rookies will have random starting stats.*
- Hidden Potential: As a soldier is promoted, stats increase randomly.*
- Red Fog: Combat wounds will degrade the soldier’s mission stats.
- Absolutely Critical: A flanking shot guarantees a critical hit.
- The Greater Good: Psionics can only be learned from interrogating a psionic alien.
- Marathon: The game takes considerably longer to complete.
- Results Driven: A country offers less funding as its panic level increases.
- High Stakes: Random rewards for stopping alien abductions.
- Diminishing Returns: Increased cost of satellite construction.
- More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare.
- War Weariness: Funding goes down over time. **
- E-115: Elerium degrades over time. **
- Total Loss: Lose all soldier gear upon death. **
- Alternate Sources: The power source cost to build facilities increases dramatically. **
*Unlocked prior to completion of campaign.
** Obtainable upon completion of Impossible difficulty
The DLC is available now for free on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.