More gear for your Gears
It?s pretty common knowledge that I?m somewhat of a collector. I even admit as much in this month?s issue of EGM?s roundtable discussion (Issue #251, available now on newsstands). So when it was said that Gears of War 3 would be coming out with an Epic Edition, well, it was a no-brainer what version of the game I?d be getting, and fortunately, I was able to get mine a little early.
So incase you don?t know, or are still on the fence, here is a breakdown with a couple of pictures of what comes in the $149.99 Epic Edition of Gears of War 3.
- A copy of Gears of War 3 (kind of obvious)
- The Octus Service Medal of Adam Fenix, Marcus?s father (made of real metal)
- A code for an Adam Fenix multiplayer skin (look on the actual Octus medal)
- A code for five special weapon skins (Lancer, Retro Lancer, Hammerburst, Sawed-off Shotgun, and Gnasher Shotgun)
- Several photos of Adam Fenix in his traditional Gears armor, his last will and testament, blueprints for the Hammer of Dawn, which he helped launch (and fans of the fiction will know later used to wipe out most of Sera with in an attempt to stop the Locust), a personal letter to Marcus, and a certificate for the Octus Medal
- A COG flag
- A special book detailing how Gears of War evolved into the powerhouse franchise it is today with foreword by Adam Sessler
- A model of Marcus resting on some molten rock with imulsion leaking out and surrounded by a diorama featuring Dom, Anya, and several other Gears.
All in all, definitely a good bang for your buck if you are a true Gearhead (which I happen to be). What was especially enjoyable was all the references to the expanded universe novels by Karen Traviss (who also wrote Gears of War 3) in the collection of goodies, showing that this was targeted at the true diehards of this stellar franchise. So if you have the extra cash, as it is a purchase that is worth more than two full retail games to begin with, I?d strongly recommend this addition to any Gears fan?s collection.
So what do you all think of the Epic Edition? Is it worth your cash? Are you planning on getting one? Have you already pre-ordered it? Let us know with comments below!