Posted on October 4, 2011 AT 06:51am
THE BUZZ: Microsoft and Epic Games have announced the first piece of DLC for Gears of War 3, known as the Horde Command Pack, bringing with it three new maps and four fortifications.
The DLC includes: Three maps, three playable characters, two weapon skins, 250 Gamerscore worth of achievements and four new fortification upgrades. The DLC will release November 1st priced at 800 Microsoft Points, unless you sprung for the Gears of War Season Pass.
- Blood Drive – The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funneled choke points make this map a returning favorite to Horde.
- Rustlung – Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship’s Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.
- Azura – This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera’s educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.
- Command Center – A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.
- Decoy Upgrade – A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.
- Sentry Upgrade – This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.
- Silverback Upgrade – This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.
- Onyx Guard
- Big Rig Dizzy
- Team Plasma
- Jungle Camo
EGM’s TAKE: That’s certainly a lot of new items for only 800 Microsoft Points, and well worth the price.
What do you think of the first DLC? Leave your thoughts below.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.