Posted on October 13, 2011 AT 04:28pm
THE BUZZ: Yes, for all of its popularity, all of the hype, all of the talk of how many copies it sold at launch, Gears of War 3 was outsold in September by another game featuring muscle-bound tough guys waging battle in bulky suits of armor.
Well, okay, not really armor, but close!
Yes, don’t feel too bad for Epic’s latest epic—the top spot for sales in September went instead to Madden NFL 12. Really, that comes as absolutely no surprise, and it would have been nearly impossible for Gears of War 3 to have outsold America’s favorite gaming franchise no matter what. Gears of War 3 still did fabulously—the game sold over three million copies in its first week, and came in as the #2 best-selling video game for September.
Here’s the rest of the top sellers for the month:
- Madden NFL 12 (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP) – Electronic Arts
- Gears of War 3 (360) – Microsoft
- Dead Island (360, PS3, PC) – Deep Silver
- FIFA Soccer 12 (360, PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP, 3DS) – Electronic Arts
- NHL 12 (360, PS3) – Electronic Arts
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (360, PS3, PC) – Square Enix Inc
- Resistance 3 (PS3) – Sony
- Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (Wii, NDS, 360, 3DS, PS3, PSP, PC) – LucasArts
- Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, NDS, Wii, PC) – Activision Blizzard
- Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine (360, PS3, PC) – THQ
EGM’s TAKE: Call of Duty: Black Ops is going to stay in the top 10 until Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 comes out. That’s really kind of crazy.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.