A third title update for Gears of War 4 will be pushed live later today at 10 a.m. PDT, developer The Coalition has announced.
The main aim of this update is to reduce the amount of players that leave multiplayer matches before the end. Following this update, players who quit a Core or Competitive Match will now be suspended from all matchmaking for a limited time–with the biggest time punishments going to the first player to quit the match. Also, the more a player quits, the longer the suspension from matchmaking will be.
However, players who are disconnected need not worry, as a new “Rejoin Match” option has been added to the main Versus menu that allows players to rejoin a match for up to five minutes after leaving, with no penalty.
“With these new features, we hope to see a major improvement in player mentality to committing to a match in Core and Competitive,” the developer explains. “We have further quit penalty and balanced match features in the works – including Core/Competitive pre-game lobbies – coming in future Title Updates to further improve the online experience.”
The update also introduces two new maps and Series 2 of Gear Pack content. More details will be shared about this new content later today, but The Coalition warns that Series 2 content will not start dropping from Gear Packs until a few hours after the update has gone live.
Finally, Title Update 3 makes the following changes to Spectator Mode:
- Player Cards have been re-designed to take up less visual space
- Player ammo and reloads are now visible in the Spectator Mode UI
- Crosshairs are now visible to Spectators
- Respawn timers are now displayed on Player Cards
- Weapons holstered onto a player’s back can now be seen in Spectator Mode
- ‘K’ keyboard button now removes spectator inputs UI and/or the black bar altogether
- ‘L’ keyboard button toggles Player Cards to the far edges of the screen or normal positioning
- ‘V’, ‘B’ and ‘N’ keyboard buttons now jump to specific Escalation hill battle cameras
- Fixed an issue with X-Ray vision not rendering as intended
- Made X-Ray a ‘toggle’ rather than ‘Press-And-Hold’
- Fixed the ordering of players in Competitive UI to match the Lobby Order
- Pressing B while holding Jump Cam now cancels a pending Jump Cam
The full patch notes can be found here.