The Coalition has released its latest monthly update for Gears of War 4 that introduces two new maps to the game.
Following the update, season pass holders will be able to access Canals from the original Gears of War and Forge Blitz, a tighter, faster paced version of the Forge map. Read more about these new maps below:
You never forget your first run to the Longshot on Canals – and that tense 1v1 showdown that follows. Canals returns in Gears of War 4, bringing back the classic triple bridge combat over a shallow canal that was a defining part of the Gears of War 1 Versus experience. Set in the city of Timgad in the dark of the night lit only by moonlight and street lamps, Canals oozes with that classic Gears of War ominous atmosphere.
Forge Blitz is a tighter, faster pace evolution of the map Forge that builds on the spirit of the original to create a map filled with new combat experiences. All of this action takes place in a sand-swept factory damaged over time by a Windflare, underneath a blazing hot desert sun. If the original Forge was chess-like, Forge Blitz is chess on a high speed moving train. We’ve looked at every key fight on the map and found new ways to make them faster, more tactical and more intense than ever before.
Gone are the secondary entrances to the Control Room as well as the elbow behind the Incinerator, forcing combat into more focused areas with more direct fronts. Both exits from either spawn have also been tightened up to provide less open space and more opportunities to be aggressive.
Both maps are available now for season pass holders with double XP and 20 percent bonus credits in the Developer Playlist. Non-season pass holders will have to wait until August 8th when the maps will be added to public matchmaking.
As well as adding new maps, the update also makes changes to four Escalation maps based on feedback from the recent Pro Player playtest. Changes have been made to Diner, Impact, The Slab, and Lift. More information about the changes being made to each map can be found over on the game’s official site.
Finally, the August update signals the beginning of “Summer of Gears,” increasing the First Win of the Day Credit Bonus to 500 credits from 100 credits. Read the patch notes below:
- Updated Escalation rings for Diner, Impact, and The Slab
- Changed a Weapon Pickup Location on Lift
- Improved JD, Kait and Del’s Multiplayer dialogue to match the recent dialogue changes for other characters
- Fixed an issue that could cause Customization Options to reset
- Fixed missing collision volumes for Grenades on certain areas of Raven Down
- Horde: Reduced effectiveness of spawn manipulation on Blood Drive and War Machine
- Reclaimed Windflare: Fixed an issue where the Kestrel could sometimes not die if killed out of the playable area
- Windows 10: Fixed a rare issue that could cause Season Pass to not function correctly
Gears of War 4 is available now on Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs.