Codemasters has finally shed some light on the best part of GRID 2, its multiplayer mode.
The original GRID will always have a place in my heart as being one of the best racing games around, the destruction and the way the cars handled was perfect. Not to mention how fun multiplayer was with the right crowd–get into a room full of idiots and you were always going to end up smashed into a wall at the first corner.
The publisher released a brief feature list for GRID 2‘s multiplayer which you can check out below:
- Up to 12 player online racing
- 2 player split-screen racing
- Play up to 10 different events including LiveRoutes
- Full integration with RaceNet including planned dedicated apps – visit www.racenet.com for more.
- Enjoy an entirely separate multiplayer game featuring deep progression – unlock new cars and modifications and you earn cash and XP
- Always have someone to compete against with GRID 2 Rivals
- Take your race with you with RaceNet apps set for release around launch
- Customise and modify your vehicles
- Anti-griefing technology ensures fair racing
- Upload highlights to YouTube