Red Dead Redemption 2 may be coming up fast, but its publisher has no intention of slowing Grand Theft Auto Online down, as demonstrated by yet another week of content.
This week saw the addition of seven new Transform Races in GTA Online. Partaking in these races, or any Rockstar-created Transform Races, will earn players double GTA$ and RP until June 11th. The new races were complimented by the introduction of new race creation features, like vehicles, props, and weather patterns, as well as the option to create custom Target Assault Races and other unique racing systems. The list of the new creation features and updates can be found on Rockstar’s support site, while the descriptions of the new Transform Races are listed below.
- Canal Crosser: Sure, you can turbo your hyperbike through jumps, rings and tubes and make it look easy but can you deal with the Vespucci canals? Rusting strollers, ex-FIB informants, the flaming wreckage of hovercars and amphibious quads – sometimes the naturally occurring obstacles are the trickiest.
- Size Matters: There’s nothing more exhilarating than threading a jetpack between the apartment blocks of downtown Los Santos. There’s nothing more arousing than being at the controls of a delta wing military bomber. And there’s nothing more psychologically damaging than rapidly moving between the two.
- The Grotti Circuit: This fiery hurricane of jetpacks, flying cars and vintage classics raging through the heart of Los Santos is brought to you by Grotti, the Italian supercar manufacturer with a low threshold for bad publicity. Even the flaming wreckage is green, white and red.
- Plane and Simple: Disorientation is a funny thing. You take one too many inverted checkpoints in a fighter jet, and you’d swear you were stuck in a long, winding tunnel dodging rotating fans with absolutely no idea what vehicle you’re using. Don’t worry, it’ll probably clear up soon.
- Evolution: The tech only gets better – but can you keep up? Sure, your old Sports Classic is manageable. You can probably handle a juiced up stock car, too. But that vicious little hatchback is going to cause trouble – and as for the hypercar.…Yeah, you’re not ready.
- Tug Life: It’s a rule as old as high-speed racing itself: never fall out of the sky in a rusty tug boat on a full stomach. Or something like that – it doesn’t really matter, because you’re definitely doing it.
- Twister II: There was a time when if you asked any civilized person whether they fancied a high-speed corkscrew hundreds of feet above the Pacific, they would do the decent thing and assume you were hoping to join the mile high club. These days you’re not even talking about a plane.
In addition to the races, Rockstar will be beefing up everyone’s wallets this month. Signing on at any point between now and June 11th will register players for a cash giveaway of GTA$250,000, which will be deposited in registered players’ bank accounts between June 14th and June 18th.
Wrapping up this week’s content drop are 30 percent discounts on the Nagaski Shotaro, the Blazer Aqua, and the Ocelot XA-21 vehicles.
Those looking for even more easy money will want to preorder Red Dead Redemption 2, which will net GTA Online players massive cash rewards. The size of the cash reward will depend on the edition of RDR2 you pick up, with the special editions unlocking bigger cash drops, on top of exclusive single-player content.
Source: Rockstar Games