Daybreak has released a “remastered” version of the classic Z1 map for H1Z1: Battle Royale.
The new map, called Outbreak, is an 8km by 8kmap designed to “appeal to all players of H1Z1, old and new, by capturing and maintaining what made Z1 fun while also updating and refining the map for battle royale gameplay.”
“Veteran players may notice a few smaller POIs in the northern and western areas of the map, along with new loot spots in the otherwise sparse areas,” the developer explains. “The terrain has been refined for improved navigation and to make it clearer where you can and can’t drive a vehicle. Buildings have been updated to be more performant and visually appealing.
“While most building layouts are unchanged, some were revised to better fit within area, window, and door metrics to make combat and navigation more consistent and less frustrating. All of this was done with an overall development philosophy to keep the footprint of the classic map and retain what made each city and POI fun and interesting.”
Outbreak is available in Solos, Duos, and Fives, and features multiple lighting and climate schemes.
Alongside this new map, Daybreak has made several changes to the core gameplay, including making the AR-15 and AK-47 60 percent more accurate when hip firing, removing crouch fatigue, returning running and jumping animations to preseason 3 versions, and bringing back a number of classic bullet impact sounds. Take a look at the full list of changes below:
- Spawn selection has been disabled in all Outbreak game modes.
- The AR-15 and AK-47 have been adjusted to allow two to three (depending on how fast you’re firing) extra shots put on target before recoil growth kicks in. This does not affect tapping shot behavior.
- The AR-15 and AK-47 are now 60% more accurate when hip-firing.
- Crouch fatigue has been removed, so players are no longer restricted with the crouch action regardless of how often it is used.
- Jump animations have been shortened to provide a more responsive jump action, allowing players to jump more frequently without having to wait for animations to complete. Additionally, player momentum and velocity persist in the direction of the jump, allowing you to freely aim and look around without prematurely shortening your leap.
- Running and sprinting animations have been restored to Preseason 3 versions, with the Rifle class of weapons having a prominent forward-facing position.
- Much-beloved bullet impact sounds have returned. Helmet break, headshot, and laminated/makeshift armor break sounds are all back from Preseason 3.
Finally, for the next week, players can get the Homecoming Scrubs Set and the Z1 Zombie Mask. The Scrubs set will be gifted to all players who play one match between now and July 4th. While the Z1 Zombie Mask is a welcome back gift to players who created an account before September 20th, 2016 and play one match before July 4th.