A new update is now available for Halo: The Master Chief Collection that introduces new features, bug fixes, and more.
The first big addition is the new “modern aiming” feature that “helps to smooth out the aim acceleration zones on your controller by using values that are more like H2A and H4 than the older legacy titles,” according to developer 343 Industries.
“The big difference you will notice is that the movement of your cursor is much smoother with these settings turned on and the aim acceleration zones in the diagonals are much harder to activate,” the developer adds. “This new setting feels so good that it is turned on by default in the older titles. You can change this back to legacy via the Controller Settings menus.”
In addition to this new feature, eight new skulls have been added to the Halo: CE Campaign for players to use, including “Anger,” which makes everyone’s weapons fire faster, and “Catch,” which makes enemies throw and drop more grenades. Take a look at the full list below:
- Anger – Enemies and allies fire their weapons faster and more frequently.
- Bandana – Fixed a bug with this skull so now energy-based weapons have infinite ammo as well.
- Catch – Enemies throw and drop more grenades.
- Ghost – A.I. characters will not flinch from attacks, melee or otherwise.
- Sputnik – the Mass of objects is decreased, making them more easily displaced
- That’s Just Wrong – Strengthens the hearing of both allies and enemies. They will now notice the slightest sound of reloading or drawing a weapon, footsteps, etc. A.I. also have increased accuracy.
- Thunderstorm – Field Promotions to the ranks of all A.I. characters so they are more difficult to fight, smarter, and more dangerous.
- Tough Luck – Enemies always go berserk, always dive out of the way, and never flee.
Other changes in this update include the new “Super Duper Fiesta!” playlist, which includes a mix of Fiesta variants across H2C, H3, H4, and H2A, new Match Composer settings, and several bug fixes.
Read the full patch notes over on Halo Waypoint.