343 Industries has released a new update for Halo: The Master Chief Collection that adds the entire of Halo 4‘s Spartan Ops campaign.
Back in October, the developer revealed that Spartan Ops wouldn’t be available in the collection until December due to the team making “technical enhancements” to the mode. Today’s update adds all 10 episodes from the co-op campaign to the collection.
As well as this, the update also makes further improvements to matchmaking, the UI, campaign playlists, stats, achievements, and more. You can read the full patch notes below:
- Added the entirety of Halo 4’s Spartan Ops mode
- Made an update to make sure a match only starts when teams are even.
- Players will now receive a ‘loss’ when disconnecting before a round has ended.
- Made an update to include all split screen players in vote tally.
- Resolved an issue that caused players to become stuck “Joining Session.”
- Resolved an issue where players could be dropped from matchmaking after disconnecting their controller.
General Multiplayer Updates
- Made additional improvements to Halo: CE hit registration.
- Made an update to the “Halo 2: Anniversary Career Progress” page to ensure achievements are correctly tracked.
- Fixed an issue where it took a long time to join players that are in a Multiplayer lobby.
General UI/Menu Updates
- Made additional improvements to Roster update times.
- Fixed Halo 3 game type text when viewing saved data in “My Files”.
Halo 2: Anniversary Campaign
- Fixed an issue where the ‘Black Eye Skull’ incorrectly prevented players from reaching checkpoints.
- Fixed an issue where cross-game playlists could fail to progress to the next level.
- Made several fixes to Campaign Playlist Carnage Reports.
- Fixed an issue where Halo 3 Cooperative Playlist progress would not save correctly when completing a mission.
- Made changes to ensure that Competitive Scoring and Timing are tracked correctly in Halo CE and Halo 2 Campaign Playlists.
Stats & Medals
- Made updates to improve stat tracking.
- Fixed an issue where the “Steaktacular” medal would not be correctly awarded in Halo 3.
- Fixed an issue where the “Supercombine” medal would be incorrectly awarded in the Halo 4 Campaign.
- Made an update to ensure that the “Flaming Ninja Anniversary” achievement unlocks when prerequisites are met.
- Updated the Halo 2 “Boxer” Button Layout.
- Updated the Halo 4 “Legacy” Thumbstick Layout.
- Made several updates to improve overall game stability.
343 Industries recently announced that it would be making good on its promise to make things up to Halo fans following the rocky launch of Halo: The Master Chief Collection by offering early adopters a remastered Halo 3: ODST campaign and the upgraded Halo 2 multiplayer map, Relic, for free in spring 2015.
Source: Halo Waypoint