A new update is now available for Halo Wars 2 that introduces cross-platform play and support for the soon to be released Xbox One X.
At launch, cross-play is supported in Campaign, Blitz Firefight, Terminus Firefight, Custom Games, and all unranked playlists. The Decision to keep it out of ranked play for now has been made for “the sake of fairness and parity.” A new playlist has also been introduced called “Ranked 3v3 X War” that will always pit players from Xbox One and PC against one another.
As well as cross-play, there’s also support for 4K resolution and HDR when playing on Xbox One X, which will be available worldwide from tomorrow, November 7th.
Other changes include Arena support on Xbox One and Windows 10, crash fixes, improved disconnection handling, bug fixes, and the return of the cancel command on PC. Read the full patch notes below:
- Added support for 4K Ultra HD & HDR gameplay on Xbox One X
- Crossplay is here for Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs!
- Crossplay will be supported for Campaign, Blitz Firefight, Terminus Firefight, Custom Games, and all UNRANKED Playlists
- All of the existing ranked playlists will remain platform-specific for the sake of fairness and parity
- For players who really want to see how console stacks up against PC, a new playlist called “Ranked 3v3 X War” will be added that will support crossplay.
- Crossplay will be rolled out in phases to make sure everything is working as intended and to give the team time to assess.
- Arena support on Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs
- Fixed various crashes, soft locks and desyncs
- Improved disconnection handling
- Fixed medals and progress not being restored from services
- Fixed potential cause of lost progression
- Fixed mobile garrison units not ejecting garrisoned units
- Fixed ODST units not capturing Power Nodes and Control Towers
- Fixed progression blocker in Manifestation caused by recycling a Mega Turret
- Fixed temporarily invincible scripted Flood Infectors in Manifestation
- Fixed friendly fire towards the Nexus and Spires from player turrets and offensive leader powers
- Fixed the Find Match tile in the Firefight menu
- Fixed an issue where season leaderboards were not loading in the leaderboard data
- Fixed placeholder mission briefing video in Manifestation
- Fixed Operation: Spearbreaker DLC placeholder achievement images
- Fixed missing splash art from the ATN loading screens
- Fixed missing Shield Barrier VFX in Firefight
- Fixed missing flare VFX for Lotus Mines in Firefight
- Fixed missing supplies glow VFX
- Fixed flickering Barriers during deployment
- Fixed premature Colossus deployment animation in Not On My Watch
- Fixed inconsistent camera boundary on mini-map in Gatecrashers
- Restored ability to rebind the Cancel command
- Fixed default Push to Talk key (‘\’) not functioning until rebound
Halo Wars 2 is available now on Xbox One and Windows 10 PCs.