A new update is now available for Hearthstone that prepares the game for the upcoming Journey to Un’Goro expansion.
The update adds support for Maiev Shadowsong, a new Rogue Hero, who will be available after Journey to Un’Goro launches for winning 10 Standard Ranked or Casual mode games.
There’s also functionality to support the upcoming Fireside Gatherings Tavern closed beta test, which will be limited to select Fireside Gatherings initially, before being expanded to everyone once testing is complete.
Read the full patch notes below:
- The Journey to Un’Goro takes brave explorers on an expedition to a primordial land packed with wonders. . . and danger! It introduces 135 all-new cards—including crackling elementals, gigantic dinosaurs, and a new card type: Quests!
- This update completes preparations for the Year of the Mammoth. The new Hearthstone year begins once Journey to Un’Goro goes live!
- Maiev Shadowsong, a new Rogue Hero, has emerged from the shadows! Win 10 Standard Ranked or Casual mode games after Journey to Un’Goro launches to add her to your collection.
- This update adds functionality to support the upcoming Fireside Gatherings Tavern closed beta test.
- Participation in the closed beta test will be limited to select Fireside Gatherings initially, but we’ll be expanding Taverns to everyone once this phase of testing is complete!
- Taverns UI elements may be present, but non-functional, for some players while this test is under way.
- A new tooltip displays the number of cards in your hand.
- Improved consistency of some card text.
- [Android] You can now download Hearthstone data directly to an SD card during initial installation.
- Jade Spirit will now correctly appear in searches using the term “Jade Golem”.
- When Herald Volazj copies a silenced minion, the copies it creates will now correctly also be silenced.
- Resolved an issue that would make it impossible to cast a spell that costs Health to kill your Hero, even while immune.
- Resolved an issue that would cause casting a 0 mana cost Jade Blossom to still sometimes consume mana.
- Nozdormu’s sandstorm visual will no longer persist if he is returned to a player’s hand.
- Resolved several minor UI and graphics issues.
Hearthstone‘s Journey to Un-Goro expansion is scheduled to go live tomorrow, April 6th, on PC, iOS, and Android.