Man the Guns, Paradox Interactive’s upcoming naval-themed expansion for grand strategy game Hearts of Iron IV, will be available on PC from February 28th, 2019.
The expansion introduces a number of improvements to the naval game, including the option to research new ship components and refit older vessels, new traits and skills for Admirals, new anti-ship mines, the option to control shipping routes, and the introduction of amphibious landing vehicles.
Other changes include new alternate history paths, the ability to protect governments in exile, new national focuses for The Netherlands and Mexico, and new music. Read the full feature list below:
- Major Alternate Paths: Revive the Old Confederacy as the United States and provoke a new civil war, or hasten decolonization of the British Empire.
- Ship Design: Research new components and refit older vessels to take advantage of new knowledge. Outfit your submarines with snorkels or improved stealth.
- Admiral Traits and Skills – Tailor and level up your Admirals with new traits and skills.
- Governments in Exile: Welcome a government in exile to your democracy, boosting their legitimacy in return for more manpower and elite troops fighting to free their homeland.
- Other National Focuses: New national focuses for The Netherlands and Mexico.
- Naval Mines: Protect your coasts from invasion or assault with anti-ship mines, or clear a path through enemy mines before you make the big push.
- Shipping route controls – plot new routes for your shipping and navies by marking areas you want to avoid.
- Naval Treaties: Struggle to keep the peace by following internationally agreed upon rules, or creatively defy the world consensus by exceeding your limits.
- Amphibious Landing Vehicles: Add power to your beach landing by researching and producing specialized combat vehicles for your marines.
- New Music: Original music composed specifically for the Man the Guns expansion.
A free update will arrive alongside the expansion that introduces “new naval aspects, training of pilots and sailors and the much requested Fuel resource to better simulate the constraints of extended supply lines.”
Hearts of Iron IV: Man the Guns will be available from February 28th, 2019 for $19.99.