Posted on January 30, 2013 AT 01:01pm
The real kicker is the “Online Pass,” which is what anyone who buys Dead Space 3 will need to purchase as well if they want to play the co-op online.
Here’s the rundown:
- Bot Capacity Upgrade – $4.99
- Bot Personality Pack – $4.99
- First Contact Pack – Free
- Marauder Pack – $4.99
- Sharpshooter Pack – $4.99
- Tundra Recon Pack – $4.99
- Witness the Truth Pack – $4.99
- Bot Accelerator – $4.99
- Epic Weapon & Resource Pack – $2.99
- Online Pass – $9.99
- Ultra Weapon & Resource Pack – $1.99
- Resource Pack – $0.99
Before you cry foul, remember: these are totally optional. All of these resources can be found the good ol’ fashioned way: in the game. And none of this should really come as a surprise—EA has made it pretty clear they intend to incorporate microtransactions into all their titles. Dead Space 3 is just the latest addition to a growing roster of games that feature microtransactions, but aren’t dependent on them. And if anyone wants to throw down $5 for a suit and a gun, well that’s on them.
Source: PlayStation Blog
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.