Io-Interactive has shared the official patch notes for its upcoming Game of the Year update for Hitman, which will accompany the release of the game’s Game of the Year Edition.
The update will go live tomorrow, November 7th, and includes a redesigned UI, the ability to save a default loadout, more options for using bullet distractions, a lighting overhaul for all missions, improved sniper rifle audio, and the re-activation of all previous Elusive Targets. There are also a number of Xbox One X enhancements for the game, including native 4K resolution, HDR support, and a new 60 FPS high frame rate mode. Take a look at the full list of features below:
A redesigned UI with a new colour scheme and visual style
A fresh new look across the board and re-organised menus to make it easier to find what you’re looking for.
For each mission, choose the loadout that you want to use on the Planning page and save it. Next time you load that mission, your default loadout will be ready and waiting.
As part of an ongoing review into core gameplay mechanics, we’ve increased the range that NPC’s will hear bullet impacts from 1.9 metres to 5 metres. We feel that this is a more believable distance and will allow for more creative gameplay scenarios.
Major lighting improvements to all missions
New color grading, readjusted HDR adaptation rules and re-designed skyboxes mean that all of our locations look more vivid, vibrant and lifelike. The image below shows the ‘Club 27’ mission in Bangkok with these new improvements. Click on it to open a higher-res version.
Sniper Rifle Audio
Our Audio Team have been looking at improving the weapon sounds and have started with the Sniper Rifle, specifically the Sieger 300. Their goals were to make this Sniper feel more powerful and to achieve that, they’ve reworked the sound from the ground up with new source assets, new audio processing and a new implementation. The Sieger 300 Advanced and the Sieger 300 Ghost will also benefit from these improvements.
We’ve added an option in the Settings Menu to configure your speaker set-up. There are three options and the game audio will mix accordingly; Surround (Default), Headphones and Stereo.
Elusive Target Re-activation
Starting in November, we will re-activate Elusive Targets. If you missed any Elusive Targets the first time around, or if you are new to HITMAN, this is your chance to experience these intense time-limited targets. All of the suit unlocks are back in play for both new and existing players to complete their collection. If you’ve already completed or failed an Elusive Target, you won’t be able to play that specific contract again; your record for that contract will stand and cannot be altered. Re-activated ET’s will still be time-limited and the first one will be re-activated shortly after the release of our Game of the Year Edition on November 7th.
Commemorative Elusive Target Unlock
If you played any of the Elusive Targets we released during Season One, we have created a small in-game reward that will only be available to a limited number of players. You’ll be awarded one of three coins, depending on your progress with Elusive Targets during their first activation. Progress is measured against simply playing an Elusive Target contract, successfully completing any Elusive Target contract and earning the Silent Assassin rating on an ET contract. The item will be granted when launching the game for the first time with the GOTY Update/Patch.
We’ve added a ‘Store’ tab to the menu to make it easier to; check which content you have installed, purchase episodes or upgrade to the new GOTY content directly through the game.
– ‘Trending’ helps you find the most popular contracts, making sure you can easily find a new challenge.
– ‘Most Played Last Week’ tracks the Contracts with the most plays in the last 7 days.
We’re adding “Complications” to Contracts Mode, such as restricting disguise changes or requiring players to use a specific exit. Anyone who creates a contract will be able to toggle these conditions to set a more defined challenge for their contract.
The Game of the Year Edition launches November 7th for PS4, Xbox One, and PC, and includes a new Patient Zero campaign, three new Escalation Contracts, three new weapons, three outfits, and 40 new Patient Zero-specific challenges. More details about this new content, courtesy of the developer, can be found below:
New Campaign: Patient Zero
- 4 new missions: The Source, The Author, The Vector, Patient Zero
- After the routine elimination of a target, a contingency plan to unleash a global pandemic is triggered and Agent 47 must race against the clock to prevent a virus from spreading. This four-mission campaign spans different locations in the game, each one re-worked from the original settings with new gameplay opportunities, disguises, characters, challenges, gameplay mechanics, AI behaviour and HUD elements. Due to the dynamic nature of the Patient Zero missions, they are not available for Contract creation.
Three New Escalation Contracts
- The Cheveyo Calibration (Marrakesh by night), The Corky Commotion (Paris), The Dexter Discordance (Hokkaido)
- We’ve created a new Escalation Contract for each new weapon/suit combination with some brand new complications based on new gameplay mechanics. We’ve themed these new features with each suit to make for some unique experiences. All of the Escalations are made up of 3-stages, so expect the challenge to ramp up quickly and completing each one will unlock the corresponding weapon to be used in all locations across the entire game.
Three New Weapons
- A New Bat – Corky the Clown’s signature weapon that triggers custom sound and visual effects every time it is used.
- Sieger 300 Ghost – an all-black sniper rifle with a supressor, 4x zoom and the Marksman perk, which allows you to improve your aim and slow time.
- Striker – a magnum pistol with increased damage at all ranges, knocks back targets and has piercing rounds.
Three New Outfits
- Clown – Corky the Clown is back! This fan-favourite from Blood Money returns in HITMAN and his red wig, colourful socks and giant shoes look better than ever!
- Cowboy – The Cowboy suit comes complete with a beautiful set of albino alligator boots, sunglasses and a cowboy hat as pure as Colorado snow.
- Raven – The perfect choice for Agent 47’s sniper operations, the Raven Suit is black and charcoal with the finest gloves and pockets for every tool.
Hitman‘s Game of the Year Edition will be available digitally for $60 and includes the complete first season and all of the content above. Existing owners of the game can gain access to the new content by picking up the Game of the Year Upgrade for $20.