Posted on November 8, 2012 AT 01:14pm
The world is waiting for more information concerning the upcoming Grand Theft Auto V, and now, the world has more details.
In the latest issue of Gameinformer, Rockstar Games sheds some new light on the next major chapter of their GTA franchise:
- Three main protagonists: Trevor (career criminal), Michael (retired bank robber), and Franklin (street thug).
- You’ll have the ability to switch between the three protagonists during most of the game, and at times they’ll come together to work as a team.
- Each main character will have their own personality, motivation and skill sets.
- The world of GTAV—Los Santos—is claimed to be bigger than Red Dead Redemption, GTA: San Andreas, and GTA IV combined.
- There will be underwater portions of the game’s world that you’ll be able to explore.
- You’ll be able to customize the look of the main characters (but the game won’t have the deeper character stats of San Andres).
- Some side missions that’ll be in the game are yoga, triathlons, tennis, full games of golf, jet skiing, and base jumping.
- Rockstar promises side missions and activities that are more complex than Red Dead Redemption.
- GTAV will feature an in-game economy to some extent (but no buying and selling of properties).
- Heists will be a bit part of the game.
- In one example of what can happen in the game, a player leaves a trail of gasoline running to a vehicle, drops a lighter on the gas, the flame travels the trail to the vehicle, and there’s a huge explosion.
- Phone interface will still be a part of the game, but with an updated look and UI, and friends will no longer call you.
- You’ll be able to develop friendships in the game, but no romances.
- The second trailer for GTAV will be coming on November 14th.
So, how are you feeling about this new info? Let us know in the comments below!
Today's Top 10 Stories
RUMOR: Next Xbox Dashboard Update Beta in June/July, Features Microsoft Point Phase Out and UI Changes62 comments
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.