Posted on February 11, 2013 AT 11:23am
The IndieCade festival of independent games is coming to the east coast for the first time, Friday, February 15 through Sunday, February 17.
The East Coast IndieCade will be held in the Museum of the Moving Image in New York City, and will include 27 indie games to play—the Oculus Rift among them.
Kris Piotrowski, creator of Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP and Doug Wilson, creator Johann Sebastian Joust, will be in attendance.
According to the IndieCade press release, activities include:
- Night Games, a Saturday evening of game play over two floors of the Museum
- A New York-centric game design challenge: students and faculty from NYU Game Center and Parsons The New School for Design will face-off in a real-time competition to design a video game in one hour
- Game Slam, in which game makers present their works and an ongoing festival Show and Tell, inviting attendees to share their own games and to receive feedback
- A 10-game arcade tournament
- A festival-long game jam, in which invited participants work day-and-night to build a game, culminating in a presentation of the completed games
Hit up IndieCade’s official website for more details.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.