Infinity Ward has outlined some of the changes it will be making to its eSports rules, following recent dialogues with the Call of Duty: Ghosts competitive community.
These changes will be rolled out in various hotfixes and title updates over the coming weeks, according to the developer, and include improved spawn locations, modified rule sets, disabling third-person spectating of private matches, restricting Ghillie suits, and more.
“We’d like to announce some updates we plan to roll out as soon as possible to support competitive Call of Duty based on your feedback. These will appear as both hot fixes and TUs in the coming weeks alongside planned changes to the areas of Ghosts affecting all players, such as spawn,” Infinity Ward’s senior community manager Tina Palacios wrote on the game’s forums.
“As a guiding principle, development priority is assigned to those issues which we deem to have the largest immediate impact or those affecting the broadest group of players.”
MLG also announced the second annual Call of Duty: Ghosts Championship, which is scheduled to take place between March 28 and March 30. $1 million dollars will be up for grabs during the tournament, with 32 teams competing. It was also confirmed that the tournament would be moving to Xbox One this year and will be streamed via Xbox Live and MLG.tv.
Qualifying rounds for the tournament will be played online via Xbox 360 and broadcast through MLG.tv, with regional finals taking place between February and March. The U.S. and U.K. finals will be played on Xbox One and broadcast via MLG.tv and Xbox Live.
General eSports Changes
- Restrict Ghillie suits in competitive rules.
- Restrict Tracker Sights in competitive rules.
- Restrict Danger Close in competitive rules.
- Disable third-person spectating in competitive Private Matches.
- Add a kill feed to Broadcaster mode.
- Address Broadcaster mode stability (squash crash bugs)
- Removal of split-screen in Private match when eSports rules are enabled.
- Add eSports rules to Clan vs. Clan playlist.
- Open Clan v Clan playlist to allow solo player entry & mixed clan teams.
- Modify Dead Silence/Amplify functionality
- Resolve the defuse timer animation discrepancy.
- Modify the defuse time sound effects if the defuse process is cancelled
- Add game action overlays where needed (flag captures, etc.).
- Resolve the leaderboard’s red death indicator delay.
- Roll over player in scoreboard to highlight arrow in mini-map
- Investigating the addition of Xbox One LAN support.