Posted on February 7, 2012 AT 09:10am
Both the game and the console will release on April 3, with the latter being priced at $449.99. The game was meant to release Christmas 2011 but was delayed for polishing. As well as the announced Jedi, Podracing and Rancor modes, Microsoft has revealed several other new features:
- New experiences within Jedi Destiny Mode, including:
- Space battles: As you travel the Galaxy to face an evil that threatens to undermine the fabric of the Republic, you’ll engage with forces of the Empire in intense space battles
- Speeder Bikes and Landspeeders: Pilot iconic Speeder Bikes and Landspeeders on your epic journey
- New duels: Battle opponents like Count Dooku and Darth Vader on your journey to become a Jedi
- New Duels of Fate mode, a battle-by-battle experience to sharpen your Jedi skills against the Dark Side.
- New Galactic Dance Off mode loaded with Star Wars-themed pop tunes where those still honing their Jedi skills can take a break to battle Darth Vader on the dance floor or bust a move “Solo style.”
EGM’s TAKE: Oh dear, Galactic Dance Off mode! Everybody quickly avert your eyes and pretend you never saw it. Also while you’re at it might as well convince yourself that you won’t attempt it after a few beers. Let’s concentrate on that shiny R2-D2 Xbox 360 console, if this generation wasn’t nearing the end of its cycle it would be worth it. As a plus if you do buy the console you will unlock C-3PO in Galactic Dance Off. Come on you know you’re tempted now.
Are you tempted by Galactic Dance Off mode? Willing to pay the price for that shiny new console? Let us know in the comments below.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.