NCSoft is slowing down its release cadence for Blade & Soul now that it has caught up with the Korean version of the game.
“We’re also looking at our content release cadence and what we can do to ensure the updates are more impactful,” the developer explains. “Our goal over the past year has been to catch up to the other regions while maintaining a good balance between accessible and challenging content. Having more impactful and feature-rich updates will mean they’re less frequent than they were when we were playing catchup, but will generally have more grand content and features packed into each one.”
The next update, Secrets of the Stratus, will be released in April and includes Act 7 of the main story, three new PvE areas, new Hongmoon levels, an instant level 50 voucher, and more.
Take a look at the full feature list below:
- Act 7: Find out if you have the courage and strength to stand up to the dastardly Zulia, who kidnapped Jinsoyun for her own nefarious purposes!
- Gunwon City: Explore an expansive new land, including the grand Gunwon City itself.
- Skill Point Revamp: A complete revamp of the skill point allocation system will streamline how you specialize your character’s skills, while keeping the same level of customization depth.
- Three New PvE Areas:
- Naryu Sanctum – Our hardest 6-member Heroic Dungeon released to date. Great rewards such as the new Legendary Bracelet await, but only the adventurous will claim them!
- Celestial Basin – A new open-world area well-suited for solo and casual players. Among other rewards, the new Mystic Badges can be acquired in this area.
- Mushin’s Tower F16-20 – Challenge yourself against Yunsang, and compete for the fastest kill on the new Mushin’s Tower leaderboards.
- The Hongmoon Training Room: A new solo instance that will allow you to practice skill combos and boss attack patterns. This is a must for new and returning players, but existing players will also find it useful to practice their skill rotation.
- New Hongmoon Levels: Continue progressing your character up to Hongmoon Level 20.
- Insta-Level 50 Voucher: A new account service that allows you to create a new character at max level and jump right in the fray!
- Skill balance changes, Legendary items, new pets, cosmetics, quality of life improvements and much, much more!
Blade & Soul is available now as a free download on PC.