Posted on November 10, 2011 AT 01:57pm
THE BUZZ: Resistance 3 owners, take note—you’re about to not only get a major patch to the game, but a heck of an XP boost.
Tomorrow will see the release of patch 1.05 for the game, providing a list of updates so big that I’ve just included the full rundown instead of trying to condense it down. And, no doubt in honor of this patch, Insomniac announced that this weekend will offer up five times the experience points for those who hop online and play.
So, grab the patch tomorrow, and get to raising that level!
* Update and bug fixes to the deathcam system
* Updated Network error messages
* Several performance updates to fix network lag
* Improved load times for friends list
* Refined Hero movement for improved network syncing
* Fixed issues related to the game host quitting out of a private game
* The host will no longer lose the ability to start the game after completing a match and returning to the lobby
* Players will no longer be put into a Team deathmatch game while searching for Deathmatch or Deathmatch Small
* Searching Deathmatch Small with a party of five or more will no longer cause the “Finding Game” screen to loop until the player backs out.
* Improved team balancing
* Cleaned up overlapping text fields in the UI
* The icon for “Double Bird” is now consistent across all menus
* Fixes to the HUD while playing in Immersive mode
* Party is no longer allowed to create and enter a game with no opposing team
* The party leader of parties with 3 players will can no longer result in the party leader being put into the staging screen while the rest of the party is disbanded.
* All equipment and abilities are now purchasable at level 60
* Players will no longer spawn invisible to other players
* Suicides award enemies kills if the player is still wounded from their damage
* Abilities will no longer lose functionality if they activate the ability at the same moment that they dies
* Split screen players will no longer be on separate teams
* Players bodies will no longer hold onto weapons after being killed
* Change to Chain Reaction final node time
* Leaper Corpse will now spawn fewer leapers
* The bubble shield will now disappear when the EMP is used against it.
* Dash now gives more consistent feedback when the player is unable to use it
* The players head will no longer vanish when killed while performing a taunt
* Assassin no longer displays the user as a friendly on the radar for DM games
* Players will no longer lose berserks and abilities after playing a number of match making games
* The player will no longer spawn with different grenades than what was placed in the primary slot through grenadier
* The mutators secondary’s will deal damage regardless of the surface to which it is applied
* Marksman turrets will function properly regardless of the surface to which it is applied
* Wildfire lock-on disabled in between shots in MP
* Misc art, collision and volume fixes
* Localization fixes and updates
* Improved the Move’s aim mechanic
* Several bug and crash fixes
* Co-op player can now watch videos normally
* Fixes to progression stopping issues while playing campaign in coop
* Fixed the loading screen for 3D
* Tracker footprints now appear for both eyes
* Misc fixes to campaign
* Remnant levels have been corrected.
* Improvements to the UI
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.