Posted on August 23, 2011 AT 08:41am
Mass Effect 3 was in my opinion overshadowed at the EA press conference during Gamescom by the newly announced Fifa Street, Fifa 12, SSX, and Battlefield 3.
However, that didn’t stop Bioware coming to Gamescom with literally a bucketload of new information.
You can find the details listed below:
- The CE Robot dog is possible to interact with aboard the Normandy, like having it follow you around, play fetch and it apparently has a story to it. No details on whether it’s combat able or not though.
- Character creator will get a lot more hair styles and facial features in ME3. So expect the hairstyles from the femShep competition to make it into the CC.
- They are considering an Uber achievement for all three games. What that is exactly is they don’t know, but they want to reward their long term fans.
- All squad mates will get their story and closure for ME3 even if they might not be a permanent squad member.
- We’ll see more of the Yahg (The former Shadow Broker)
- Not loyalty of people, but loyalty of races. Less focus on building loyalty with squad members and more on the various races. So expect previous loyalty and decisions to play a part in this.
- XP system goes back to ME1. No details but they won’t do the mission summary XP from ME2.
- The fate of the squad mates will not always be up to the player and decisions that feels right can prove to be harmful.
- squad member group is smaller this time.
- The ending of ME3 will give closure to the trilogy so don’t expect answers on post ME3 DLC until the game is out.
- There will not be an SDK after Mass Effect 3.
- Joker-EDI romance is being “looked at”.
- Aside from the Krogan princess, we will apparently not see female counterparts of turians, salarians and so on in ME3 either.
- Mods for ME2 has to be remade for ME3.
- Thane is still alive in ME3 (if he survived the Collector Base).
- Kelly Chambers will return.
- Romance between Joker and Shepard is a case of “you have to play it to see it”.
- If Hammerhead or Mako returns it’s closer to critical path missions. Don’t expect exploration using these vehicles.
- The Normandy will be upgraded by the Systems Alliance, so resource gathering for the ship is not likely this time.
- The geth quarian conflict will be concluded.
- Existing music from ME1 and ME2 will make its way into ME3.
- Side quests will pretty much always be in line with the critical path story.
- Classes will get new powers with up to six different ways to customize each power.
- Squad mates appearances and armor will be possible to customize again.
- Seems Cerberus will be a full antagonist and not possible to align with in ME3.
- They have decided about whether you’ll get to see Tali’s face or not.
- There may be time sensitive story elements though it will be more focused ones like the Normandy crew.
- There will be a larger variety of environments compared to ME2.
- Heavy melee will pretty much always kill a target, but defensive factors like armor, barriers and shields will affect the outcome. Also don’t try to melee an Atlas mech.
- There will be mini games though no announcements.
- We may see Quarians without masks. Whether that would include Tali or not was left unsaid.
- The choices you make in the trial at the beginning of ME3 will set the tone for the future in the game.
- James Vega’s voice actor will be announced really soon and is apparently a closely guarded secret, since he’s really awesome.
- Indoctrination seem to play a role in ME3, possibly including party members.
- Kal’Reegar will return in ME3.
- There are possibilities of missions that ties back to your background choice for Shepard.
- You have a lot more romance options in ME3. Possibly not limited to party members.
- ou will be able to change class if you import your ME2 Shepard to ME3. Though you will have to start from Lvl 1 while kept class will get Import+ perks.
- Legion will return with a larger role in ME3.
- There may be a ‘special’ import for saves where Shepard died.
- Miranda will be back and has unfinished business with Shepard.
- Shepard’s spectre status will play part in ME3 and change things if you had the status reinstated in ME2.
- Conrad Verner’s back.
- Normandy will be the SR-2 with an Alliance paint and some redesigned interiors. Joker will apparently be happy with it.
- How many team mates you speak to at the same time aboard the Normandy depends on the context of the missions.
- You’ll have debriefings after each mission that are deeper than ME2, but you are still likely to only talk to the squad mates one on one outside of that.
That was a lot of information, what are you looking forward to most?
By: Liam Dunne
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.