Two massive leaks have given fans a lot to think about for the upcoming Assassin’s Creed.
The first of the two leaks for the game originated on 4chan before being picked up and comprehensively summarized on Reddit. The second leak—also picked up from 4chan—discounted, augmented, or added to some information in the first leak while also presenting new details of its own. The second leak generally comes off as more reliable due to the depth of detail, but both sources are currently unverifiable.
We did our best to clarify which information came from the first leak picked up by GameZone, the second leak picked up wccfTech, or if it was in some way shared on each. There is plenty more details where these came from, but the following are some of the highlights found between both lists:
- These repeated Assassin’s Creed Origins leaks are in fact controlled releases of information. (first leak)
- An eagle flight mechanic will be used for scouting instead of Eagle Vision, but the purpose or even presence of series’ trademark towers is currently unclear. (first leak/second leak)
- Both leaks agree that there will be a modern day protagonist, but the first leak claims it will be male while the second details the assassin’s name as Charlotte. (first leak/second leak)
- The setting for the main game will be late in the first century, leading into early second century A.D. (second leak)
- The first leak claims that naval combat will not be returning in the manner of Assassins’ Creed IV, but the second leak claims arrows can be fired while sailing. (first leak/second leak)
- Boating will take place primarily on the Nile, according to the second leak, but both leaks agree that some of the eastern Mediterranean will be sailable. Boats can be will be customizable. (first leak/second leak)
- The first leak discusses combat, stating that enemies will employ different attack patterns and attempt to flank like in The Witcher 3. The second leak adds that the hidden blade will once again be usable in open combat. (first leak/second leak)
- Free running will be similar to previous games, though more fluid and with a bit more flair, reminiscent of Watch Dogs 2. (first leak)
- Tombs are returning to be explored. (second leak)
- The Assassin’s Creed series won’t explore Japan, World War I, or World War II because Ubisoft higher-ups “don’t see it being successful.” (first leak)
- There will be no multiplayer of any kind, although it could return in a later installment. (first leak)
The second leak also discusses the recent image that leaked for the game, depicting a player sailing a small boat on what appears to be the Nile. The image is reportedly from the E3 2017 build of the game, and does in fact involve players killing an actual reptilian crocodile, not some thug with a catchy code-name.
Assassin’s Creed Origins is expected to launch on October 31st, according to the second leak, presumably coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The first leak claims that there will be no Nintendo Switch release.