Posted on June 27, 2012 AT 09:59am
Rockstar’s first DLC pack for Max Payne 3 is in the works and almost ready for release, giving players new maps, new features, and new gameplay elements to go bullet-timing with. “Local Justice” releases on PS3 and Xbox 360 on July 3 in time for a certain American holiday, while PC players have to wait until July 17th.
Ouch. Two whole weeks for the PC guys?
When you download the DLC pack, you’ll get new multiplayer maps from the game’s last areas, a new assault rifle, a brand-new item, an additional multiplayer faction, and all the console-specific achievement-type awards to go along with it.
Here’s a quick breakdown of the content:
- 55th Battalion HQ map for all game modes
- The Imperial Palace and Departure Lounge maps for Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Payne Killer
- Light Fingers Item for faster looting
- M4 Assault Rifle with attachments
- São Paulo Police Faction with related avatar customization options
Since Max Payne 3‘s multiplayer actually turned out to be pretty good, fans will likely be interested in picking it up. If you didn’t buy the online pass for $29.99 or 2400 Microsoft Points, this individual download will run you $7.99 or 640 MS Points.
Jump on the DLC early and you’ll save some money, as the “launch price” runs for $5.99 and 480 MS Points — just because Rockstar loves you that much, and they’re late with the content anyway. If any of you PC players want to get in on the pre-order and retail DLC, that also launches at the same time as the “Local Justice” DLC — console players can pick it up on July 3:
- Cemetery Map: 160 MSFT Points / $1.99 PSN
- Silent Killer Loadout Pack: 160 MSFT Points / $1.99 PSN
- Pill Bottle Item: 80 MSFT Points / $0.99 PSN
- Deadly Force Burst: 80 MSFT Points / $0.99 PSN
- Classic Max Payne Character: 80 MSFT Points / $0.99 PSN
Source: Rockstar Games
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.