Max Payne 3 has received a new patch on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 which prepares for this week’s new DLC and fixes a few bugs.
The patch fixes several bugs and issues that fans have been complaining about, adds a new Multiplayer Player Card system, adds automated cheat protection, and finally implements some lag protection methods. If all this wasn’t enough the patch also introduces Payne Thresholds, a new XP boosting system that is set to go live when the Disorganized Crime DLC launches later this week. The full patch notes are below:
- The new Multiplayer Player Card, which allows you and your friends to track multiplayer stats including current amount of XP, total kills, favorite weapon and more.
- New Automated cheat protection and lag protection measures.
- Improvements to multiplayer load times
- Players can now spawn with dual wield if they have two sidearms and no two-handed weapon equipped
- Polish language support has been added
- Party leader now has the option of taking entire party with them when they back out of a match
- Weapon rank in the Arsenal is now visible on the left side of the screen, not just the right
- The Crew menu is now available inside lobbies
- XP gained for completing Grinds no longer contributes to rankings in Gang Wars matches
- Improvements to the spectator camera in Gang Wars
- Gang Wars wager system improved to better show betting results
Do any other issues need addressing? Let us know in the comments below.