THE BUZZ: Rockstar has announced what specs your PC will need in order to run Max Payne 3 when it launches next month.
The developer claims that the game features full DirectX11 support, but is optimized to run on a wide range of PCs. The specs:
- Operating System: Windows 7 32/64 Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 32/64 Service Pack 2, Windows XP 32/64 Service Pack 3
- Processor: Intel Dual Core 2.4 GHZ – i7 3930K 6 Core x 3.06 GHZ / AMD Dual Core 2.6 GHZ – FX8150 8 Core x 3.6 GHZ
- RAM: 2GB – 16GB
- Video Card: NVIDIA 8600 GT 512MB VRAM – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB VRAM / Radeon HD 3400 512MB VRAM – Radeon HD 7970 3GB VRAM
- Sound Card: 100% Direct X 9.0 compatible – Direct X 9.0 compatible supporting Dolby Digital Live
- HDD Space: 35 GB
- DVD Drive: Please refer to your hardware manufacturer and www.rockstargames.com/support for current compatibility information. Some system components such as mobile chipsets, integrated, and AGP graphics cards may be incompatible. Unlisted specifications may not be supported by publisher.
EGM’s TAKE: This looks to be a pretty demanding game, listing the top processors and graphics cards. Obviously these aren’t the minimum specs as there’s no way this accounts for a wide range of PCs, however if you’re looking for a game to test your rig on then they don’t come much more demanding than this one.