Posted on March 19, 2014 AT 03:45am
Microsoft announced at the Game Developers Conference that 25 indie titles would be coming to Xbox One via the ID@Xbox program.
“Our goal has always been to make Xbox One the best place to play games, and that means having a diverse portfolio for gamers to choose from,” Microsoft Studios corporate vice president Phil Spencer said. “We’ve worked closely with independent developers to bring their own brand of creativity and innovation to the platform and today is just the beginning.”
More than 200 developers have signed up to the program that allows developers to self-publish titles on Xbox One. The full list of titles, including the likes of Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship, Super Time Force, and CastleStorm, can be found below. It’s worth noting that the list is ”neither comprehensive nor chronological,” and no release dates have been announced at the moment.
Other games currently in the pipeline for an Xbox One release include Pool Nation FX, Another World, Stick it to the Man, Ninja Cowboys, and Mortar Melon.
“Since we first announced the program in August, we’ve been working closely with developers to bring a diverse array of independent games to Xbox One,” said ID@Xbox chief Chris Charla. “”Our goal is to make the process as easy as possible so developers can focus on what matters most: creating the games you’re beginning to see today!”
- 1001 Spikes by Nicalis - This hardcore side-scroller features precise controls and a degree of difficulty that means starting with 1001 lives is not at all a guarantee you can make it through the game! Every level is custom designed to be beaten… barely. The game also includes co-op and cutthroat multiplayer modes.
- Calibre 10 Racing Series by Bongfish GmbH - Calibre 10 Racing Series is a spiritual successor to Harms Way. The game is entirely multiplayer in a new experience that combines action-packed racing with fast-paced first person shooting.
- CastleStorm by Zen Studios - It’s Knights vs. Vikings in CastleStorm, a super genre mash-up of 2D physics destruction mashed with tower defense brawler. CastleStorm features a story-driven solo campaign, a custom castle editor, online multiplayer, co-op modes, and more.
- Chariot by Frima - Chariot is a humorous physics-based couch co-op platformer in which a brave princess and her suitor carry a funeral wagon through ancient mines, fending off swarms of looters while amassing riches, to bury the King’s remains in a worthy gold-filled tomb.
- Chuck’s Challenge 3D by Niffler - From the design veteran behind the classic game Chip’s Challenge, comes Chuck’s Challenge 3D, a fiendishly addictive puzzler that’s packed with features that will tease the brain and challenge the fingers.
- Contrast by Compulsion Games - Contrast is a 2D/3D adventure game, set in a surreal, 1920s, film noir dreamscape. You must help Didi explore the mysteries surrounding her family, by using your ability to shift at will between the 3D world and your 2D shadow.
- Divekick Addition Edition + by Iron Galaxy Studios - Divekick is the world’s first-ever two-button fighting game! Now anyone can experience the thrill of fighting games without memorizing complex combos and finger-contorting button presses.
- Forced by BetaDwarf ApS - One- to four-player co-op arcade adventure with puzzles and tactical elements. You are cast as slaves in the toughest fantasy gladiator school of them all, condemned to fight as a gladiator and eventually win your freedom.
- Fru by Through Games - Fru is a Kinect-based puzzle platformer in which the player utilizes both a joystick and their body to control the game. In fact, in Fru, the player’s silhouette is used to reveal what lies beneath the world at first glance. Fru’s gameplay changes according to the player’s shape, pose and movement.
- Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition by DrinkBox Studios - Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition is an action-packed, 2D brawler/platformer that alternates between the worlds of the living and the dead.
- Gunscape by Blowfish Studios - At its heart, Gunscape is an FPS construction kit: A game with solid action gameplay, a welcoming approach to map building and a huge toolbox of iconic weapons, monsters and level elements that can be extensively combined to create new and exciting gameplay experiences.
- Habitat by 4gency - Habitat is a space-themed strategy game set in Earth’s orbit, where you lead a team of engineers to save humanity by building a space station out of an orbiting wasteland of space junk.
- Hyper Light Drifter by Heart Machine - Hyper Light Drifter is an action adventure RPG in the vein of the best eight-bit and 16-bit classics, with modernized mechanics and designs on a much grander scale.
- It Draws a Red Box by Other Ocean - It Draws a Red Box is a chaotic eight-player eSport jumping jetpack future arena ball game that is as inspired by Bomberman and Smash Bros. as it is by cans of soda, paint-by-number books, and driving five miles faster than the speed limit.
- Nutjitsu by NinjaBee - Nutjitsu is a top-down, arcade-style game for Xbox One. Players take control of the ninja squirrel on his quest to reclaim his clan’s honor. Featuring two game modes, five power ups, 25 ranks, three distinct enemies and 15 levels, this HTML5 based title is coming to your dojo in early spring.
- Pinball Arcade by FarSight Studios - Pinball Arcade features exact recreations of the all-time greatest pinball tables from Williams, Bally, Stern Pinball and Gottlieb together in one game. Every flipper, bumper, sound effect, and display pixel has been painstakingly emulated in astonishing detail.
- Q.U.B.E. Director’s Cut by Toxic Games - Q.U.B.E. Director’s Cut is a first-person game that faces the player with a series of brain-teasing puzzles. The player uses high-tech gloves to manipulate different types of cube in the environment – unravelling conundrums ranging from physics-based challenges; to 3D jigsaws; to platform-based trials.
- Riptide GP2 by Vector Unit - Featuring dynamic racing on fully interactive water surfaces, Riptide GP2 sets the gold standard in modern water racing games. Take control of rocket powered hydro jets to race through futuristic cityscapes, hurl yourself off sky-high jumps and bust out dozens of death defying stunts.
- Roundabout by No Goblin - Roundabout is an open world driving puzzle game where you control a constantly rotating limousine! Pick up passengers, find secret collectibles, take on dangerous missions, and fall in love while reliving the 1977 rise to fame story of Georgio Manos.
- Sixty Second Shooter Prime by Happion Laboratories - Sixty Second Shooter Prime is a twin stick shooter with a sixty-second time limit. This new Prime version brings a graphics upgrade, a new soundtrack, infinity mode and social leaderboards.
- Spectra: 8bit Racing by Gateway Interactive - From new studio Gateway Interactive and Chipzel (the amazing chip-tune artist behind the Super Hexagon music) comes Spectra, a fast-paced retro style racing game destined to get your heart pumping and test your skill like no other!
- Strike Suit Zero by Born Ready Games - Strike Suit Zero: Director’s Cut is a space combat game that throws players into huge, intense space battles where the very fate of Earth rests on your dogfighting skills
- Super Time Force by Capybara - Super Time Force is an action-packed platformer with a time-traveling twist! Take control of up to 16 unique characters, and battle across six different time periods, from the long-ago past to the far-away future.
- The Last Tinker by Mimimi Productions - In a world where creativity has given way to conflict, a young street kid living in the slums of Colortown seeks to restore the spark of imagination to his hometown. A charming blend of modern platforming and multicolored style, The Last Tinker is a one-of-a-kind adventure.
- Wulverblade by Darkwind Media - Wulverblade is a side-scrolling brawler created in the spirit of the arcade greats. It’s 120AD and the Roman army has seized control of Britannia. Their goal: march north and conquer the island with brutal and bloody efficiency. The 5,000 strong 9th Legion are preparing for war, but little do they know what lies in wait for them.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.