Posted on June 26, 2013 AT 03:21am
Microsoft Studios boss Phil Spencer has revealed that the Crackdown image shown during Microsoft’s Xbox One reveal in May ”wasn’t accidental.”
“Oh… Crackdown is one of my favorite games, and not just because it’s a Microsoft first-party game,” he said when IGN asked about the image. ”I have a lot of love for that franchise. The homage to Crackdown in the [21st May 21] reveal screenshots was… I know there was some, like, ‘Did we accidentally sneak that…?’ It wasn’t accidental. Definitely.”
“No, I don’t think Crackdown is dead at all. It’s a franchise that’s still close to me,” he added, before suggesting that any new Crackdown title would have to make use of Xbox One’s cloud features. ”For me, the natural progression for a game like Crackdown – and you see this showing up on our stage – is in these living, open worlds that live in the cloud,” he said.
Crackdown 2 developer Ruffian Games has previously stated that it is not working on Crackdown 3, so who would be on development duties for this next-gen outing?
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.