Posted on May 21, 2013 AT 10:13am
Today, we can finally put to bed all the various Nextbox name rumors. Microsoft has revealed their next console will be called “Xbox One.”
Details are still emerging from Xbox Reveal, but what we know so far is that the Xbox One is cloud-powered and features a slightly redesigned Xbox controller. Microsoft’s goal is to crete an all-in-one home entertainment experience with their new console, championing how quickly it can shift from playing games to browsing the web to watching television, and how this is controlled through the voice-commands via the new Kinect.
More on the story as it develops.
Get all the latest Xbox One news below:
- ‘Instant Switching’ and ‘Snap Mode’ Announced for Xbox One
- Microsoft Details Xbox One Tech Specs, Features
- EA Announces FIFA, Madden, NBLA Live, and UFC for Xbox One, Use New EA Ignite Engine
- Forza Motorsport 5, Quantum Break Announced for Xbox One Among 15 Year-One Exclusives
- 343 Industries Announces Live Action Halo TV Series for Xbox One
- Microsoft and NFL Partnering Up to Create ‘Exclusive, Interactive Content’
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Officially Unveiled, Higher Polygon Counts, a Man’s Best Friend, Player Customization, and More
- Thief Announced for Xbox One
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.