A new update for Minecraft on consoles adds new mobs, blocks, items, status effects, and more.
Along with all this new content, the update also makes significant changes to The End with End Cities and the End Ship, updates the crafting UI, and adds a new tutorial world.
The full patch notes are below:
- New mobs: Shulker, Stray Skeleton, Husk Zombie, Skeleton Trap Horses
- New Blocks: Chorus Flower, Chorus Plant, Dragon Head, End Gateway, End Rod, Purpur Block,
- Purpur Pillar, Purpur Stairs, Purpur Slab
- New Items: Chorus Fruit, Chorus Fruit, Dragons?s Breath, Elytra, End Crystal, Lingering Potion, Water Splash Potion, Popped Chorus Fruit, Potion of Luck, Tipped Arrow; Spruce, Birch, Jungle, Acacia, and Dark Oak boats
- New Status Effects: Levitation, Luck
- The End: significant changes to The End dimension ? End Cities, End Ship
- Crafting: UI updated to allow crafting fireworks, similarly to how Banners are crafted
- Brewing: changed to include a slot for Blaze Powder
- Tutorial: new Tutorial world, including tutorials for Banners and Elytra
Alongside the update, Mojang has also made several DLCs available, including the Fallout Mash-Up Pack, the Festive Battle Map, the Merry Bundle, and both Dr. Who Skin Packs.