There will be several new features added to the Pocket Edition over the next few months, its update plans include:
- A new file system – to make sure we can support items and mobs in the world
- Item system – to be able to pick up items
- Crafting – we know you want this 🙂 This will probably need some iterations since the interface will be customized for the touch devices
- Inventory system
- Mobs – animals and enemies!
- Optimizing rendering code – we are experimenting with caves but need to make it work better before we are able to release it
- Clean up of code and overall optimization
EGM’s TAKE: Those of you who were worrying that Mojang had forgotten about it’s mobile version of Minecraft can stop now.