Posted on September 8, 2011 AT 09:06pm
THE BUZZ: Good news Battlefield 3 fans: It’s time for another round of tweets from DICE’s Alan Kertz, the ever-flowing fountain of information for all things Battlefield 3. Here’s a rundown of some of his most recent tweets, along with the questions that resulted in the answers.
- When a Bad Company 2 player talked about hitreg: “Well we don’t have that Hitreg problem anymore, totally new system for BF3.”
- When asked about supersonic bullets making a cracking noise when traveling through the air (as they do in real life): “They do, when close enough.”
- When asked if transport helicopters have any weapons for the pilot: “We want the pilot of a transport chopper to focus on transport and giving targets for gunners. We reward him for that as well.”
- When asked if higher-powered sniper rifles are OHK when shot in center mass on hardcore mode: “I don’t plan to have it that way at max range, but inside a certain distance, yes. It was unbalanced in BC2 always 1HK body.”
- When asked if there will be 6x or 8x sniper-like scopes for the AR platforms: “6x is the highest zoom level available outside of recon rifles. There’s of course some limits to which guns can use them.”
- When asked if the number of flags in conquest mode is the same on all platforms: “Flag number varies between Conquest Small and Conquest Large. But is consistent across platforms.”
- When asked if shotguns have actual defining stats: “Shotguns vary in reload method, capacity, rate of fire, spread, and recoil.”
- When a fan mentioned that server admins should be able to set time of day: “Our art team is really focused on making each map unique, time of day and atmospheric conditions are key to that.”
- When asked if DICE has removed the ability for the shotgun to serve as an OHK sniper rifle: “Much to shotgun sniper’s disappointment, yes.”
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.