A few days ago the first details of Borderlands 2 appeared online thanks to the latest issue of Game Informer.
Well now a fresh batch of details from that same article have made their way online and can be found below.
– Each manufacturer will have their own visual styling/theme.The
purpose of this is to be able to easily identify a weapon’s manufacturer
and quality by simple looking at it. No manufacturers will have the
same looking gun
– NPC’s will be fully animated and move around their locations, interacting with objects within their locations
– Gearbox wants to make 4 seating standard on each vehicle
– Class mods and Artifacts will be returning
– BL2’s skill tree will maintain the 3 Branch system and have more
defined abilities rather than simple stat boosts. It is unknown how many
skills will occupy each branch.
– 2 Gunzerker Skills were mentioned. One, increases the fire rate of any
weapon the longer the trigger is held down. A second, while
Dual-wielding, increases accuracy with same class weapons, or doubles
damage for different class weapons.
Borderlands 2 is being developed by Gearbox and is scheduled to release in 2012 for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.