4J Studios has shared more details about Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition‘s upcoming title update 7, which will include features like experience points, animal breeding, and more.
No solid release date has been offered by the developer at the moment, but expect it to be early next year. It was also teased that “The End” and the Enderdragon are set to be added in title update 8. A full list of new features can be found below:
- Animal Breeding – feed two of the same animals a particular food and they’ll “kiss” and like magic a little baby animal will appear. Cute!
- Brewing – You’ll be able to make Potions! Pull up a Brewing Stand and experiment.
- Experience Points – Now you can collect Experience Orbs from mining, killing mobs, breeding and using Furnaces. Experience is used for Enchanting!
- Enchanting – A new process which uses your Experience points to grant special abilities to armour, tools and weapons. You’ll need to craft yourself an Enchantment table to get started.
- Mushroom Biome – A new type of land where the humble mushroom is king. New block Mycelium can be found here and Mooshrooms! Try growing yourself a giant mushroom.
- Nether Fortresses – a structure that can appear in the Nether, bringing new blocks to the game too. Nether Fortresses are the Nether equivalent of Strongholds. Look out for the Blaze which can found in these new structures, they’ve got a habit of shooting out fire.
- Skin animations – Some of your skins will have new animations (optional) to give them a bit more life and personality of their own. It’s something new and something that will be expanded upon as we do future updates, even older skins might get given their own animations as time goes on, so keep a look out for them in the future too. You may also notice that skins can have hats, and stuff.
PlayXBLA has a full list of new items that are set to be added in update 7, you can check them out here.
What do you think of this latest update? Let us know in the comments below.