The DLC will be released February 21, and features a new playable character, three new challenges and two new costumes for Bryce Boltzmann. No price was mentioned,
- New Character: Play as the fashionable, charismatic pop-idol, Nikki Summerfield in cooperative challenges with your friends through online multiplayer.
- Three New Gameplay Challenges: Revisit an expanded Asylum level with 3 all-new challenges:
- Egg Hunt: Scour the expanded Asylum level for collectables scoring points by delivering them to designated “Score Zones.” Make sure to hold on tight to your collectibles as opponents can snatch any that you drop along the way. With enemy ambush points and environmental hazards at every turn, this challenge is tricky!
- Fragile Alliance: A competitive race through a number of checkpoints spread across the map. You can interrupt other player’s progress by attacking each other. The increase of environmental hazards and enemy spawn points will keep you on your toes.
- Onslaught: Unlock the entire Asylum level section-by-section by defeating all enemies.. Demon-seals that block off areas will dissipate as you defeat enemies from the previous area, providing more-controlled player movement and encounters.
- Two Additional Character Costumes: Dress Bryce up in these new costumes before going back into the online fray.
EGM’s TAKE: NeverDead hasn’t fared very well since its release, and has struggled to make any major impact. This is either due to a bad release window or the fact that the game is crap. It did come out on the same day as Soul Calibur V and Final Fantasy XIII-2. A week before and it could have sold a lot more to unsuspecting fanboys with leftover Christmas cash. Still, Konami is still backing its title which is good for news for fans who brought it.