Posted on August 4, 2011 AT 06:47am
Some brand new details for Batman: Arkham City have today surfaced thanks to the latest issue of UK magazine Play.
In their latest issue is a 6 page article on the game containing new information on the Detective Mode.
You can check out the details below.
-Arkham City is full of little hints and nods, when entering Crime
Alley, a button prompt allows Batman to pay respects to his parents.
Detective mode features a surveillance system that allows Batman to
eavesdrop on enemies, patient players will be able to discover a lot of
the story by simply stopping and listening, though there are red
herrings and “Chinese whispers” everywhere.
- Arkham City will
feature a compass system at the top of the screen that directs players
where to go, when Detective Mode is activated, this compass will
disappear, combined with the limited ability to view the environment,
this makes navigating the City in Detective Mode difficult.
- Getting attacked whilst in Detective Mode will cause it short out, and Batman’s vision will resort to normal.
- Arkham City will feature Elite enemies, like Tyger Guards or the well
equipped thugs of the Penguin, they will carry jammers that disable
Batman’s Detective Mode; “You’ve then got to identify them, find them
and take them out to allow you use it again and carry on” says Dax Ginn
- Catwoman’s Thief Vision highlights the City in an orange hue, and enemies become bright white.
Posted on July 30, 2011 AT 03:11am
UK Magazine Edge has revealed some brand new details regarding Batman: Arkham City in their latest issue.
You can check out a summary the details below;
- Bane can now team up with Batman for a series of sub-missions that see the unlikely duo tracking down shipments of chemical contraband.
- There will be entirely new gadget editions, and the latest to be unveiled is the Remote Electrical Charge (REC). A jury rigged shotgun variant at heart, it grants an instant spark-splattered knock back to foes, or far worse if theyre clad in metal armor and can be used to turn and adversaries breaking weapons of their own into unreliable allies, as they twitch and shudder after being hit.
- The REC will cause machine gun holders to spray their clip uncontrollably and works wonders on multiple enemies, especially coming in handy against Jokers one armed thug and his crowd.
- The new gadget also comes into play during puzzles. A quick blast of the REC will turn some metal objects into magnets as well as acting as a charge to redundant machinery.
- There are 4 hours worth of Catwoman gameplay in the game.
- A screenshot displays Catwoman with her goggles on, this is the first sign of her doing this.
- The main path storyline in Arkham City is bigger than Arkham Asylums. This is without taking the side-quests into account.
- If you fail a side-quest youre able to return to it in a better state after upgrading your gadgets and abilities.
- There are other minor mentions of Arkham City in Arkham Asylum (like Sharp’s office) but Sefton Hill didnt mention them as he didnt want to spoil anything.
Today's Top 10 Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.