A new update is now available for Call of Duty: Black Ops III that adds support for the upcoming Zombies Chronicles DLC and improves performance.
The PlayStation 4 version of the update adds support for the upcoming DLC which is scheduled to arrive on May 16th. Zombies Chronicles contains eight remastered Zombies maps from Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty: Black Ops and Call of Duty: Black Ops II. The following maps are included:
- Three Call of Duty: World at War Maps: Nacht der Untoten, Verruckt, and Shi No Numa
- Four Call of Duty: Black Ops Maps: Kino der Toten, Ascension, Shangri-la, and Moon
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II Map: Origins
Xbox One and PC players also get a few things in this update with an increase in general performance, attachment icons loading more quickly in Create-a-Class and Gunsmith menus, and the ability to recover Ballistic Knife blades. Read the full patch notes below:
- This update addresses a number of general performance issues.
- Unopened Supply Drop bundles will now remain in the Black Market after the events have ended.
- Supply Drops that had disappeared have been returned to players’ inventories.
- Attachment Icons will load more quickly in Create-a-Class and Gunsmith menus.
- Addressed an exploit that allowed users to equip some camos before unlocking them.
- Ballistic Knife
- Ballistic Knife blades are now recoverable.
- Ballistic Knife now properly registers headshots with the Kill Counter or Clan Tag attachments equipped.
As mentioned above, Zombies Chronicles will arrive on PlayStation 4 on May 16th for $29.99, but Xbox One and PC players will have to wait until June for the DLC.