Posted on October 20, 2011 AT 05:10pm
THE BUZZ: After kicking off last July, Activision’s Call of Duty Elite beta test has now come to an end. The full official public launch isn’t too far away—November 8th—but until then, One of Swords decided to ask Chacko Sonny and Noah Heller from Beachhead Studio a few questions about how the beta test went.
Here’s a few elements from that interview:
* Call of Duty Elite access will be re-opened “any day now”, but full access to players’ Black Ops card and career section won’t be available until the full November 8th launch
* In the title and emblem section of Modern Warfare 3, you’ll be able to pick your Elite Clan Title, allowing you to “wear” a title and message that the Clan Leader has selected. This allows the entire clan to have a “uniform” of sorts.
* Activision has a “massive team” in place for 24/7 operations in support of Call of Duty Elite’s community aspects.
* Call of Duty Elite won’t be ready to go on day one for PC players, as the team has concerns over making sure the PC versions can offer proper security against players who may try to cheat their stats.
* At the same time, due to the differences of the PC version of Call of Duty Elite, and its reduced functionality, the full service (as offered) will be free for everyone.
For the full interview with Chacko Sonny and Noah Heller at Beachhead Studio, hit the link below.
Source: One of Swords
Today's Top 10 Stories
Top Partner Stories
Website Interface © 2012 EGM Digital Media, LLC.